Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Favorite Banana Bread

One of my favorite things about this recipe is that all three of my kids love it, my husband loves it and I love it too! What better way to use up those unripe bananas on your counter than making some homemade banana bread for your family or friends?The Recipe:

2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 - 4 very ripe bananas (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 large eggs
6 tablespoons of butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

I usually double this recipe and it makes about 6 mini loaves. Perfect amount for keeping a couple, giving a couple to friends and freezing a couple for later.

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of a 9X5X3 loaf pan.

Combine try ingredients. Then mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until just combined.

Pour batter into loaf pans and bake for about 55 minutes.

If you use mini loaf pans, the cooking time will be less. Watch the bread and remove when it's golden brown.

Enjoy!

Recipe from adapted from Cooks Illustrated Magazine.

1 comment:

  1. We love banana bread @ our house too! I'm going to give your recipe a try...looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis