Sunday, December 27, 2009

I didn't think I liked beets...

until I tried them in a salad that my cousin made. Where have I been? Beets are sweet and delicious. Better late than never that I figured this out.

Here is one of my recent favorite salads. My cousin Amy made it (with slight variations) and now I can't get enough.One of my favorite things about this salad (aside from the perfect flavor combo) is that it is so easy to put together.

Ingredients:
1 bag of spinach
1 can sliced beets
1 can green beans
1 can corn
Feta
1/3 Red Onion, finely diced (optional)

Open and drain liquid from all of the cans. Place 1/2 of the spinach in a bowl and top with 1/2 of the contents of each can. Sprinkle with some feta. Repeat layering of spinach, canned veggies and feta.It think this is great without dressing, but sometimes I use a little Fresh & Easy Caesar Vinaigrette dressing.

The colors are so bright and inviting. It's a perfect salad to make in the winter when fresh veggies may not be as plentiful.

Let me know if you make it and what you think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis