Monday, February 1, 2010

Mini Gift Notebook

My daughter wanted to give one of her friends a notebook for her birthday. I ended up making a couple of books and we bought some fun pens to go with the gift.

Today I'm going to share what I did for the first notebook.I cut two pieces of chipboard to 6 x 6 inches for the base of the covers. Paper was then glued down with a glue stick and rubbed down with a brayer.

For the inside pages I cut cream cardstock down to 6 x 6 inches. To make things a little more fun and interesting, I made pockets out of patterened paper and spread them between the cardstock.

For the pockets, I cut a piece of patterned paper to 12 x 6 inches and then folded it in half to get a crease down the middle.Next, I folded the right side edge to the center like this:Then the triangle side was folded over like this:The final touch on the pocket was to staple the bottom shut. I used the Tim Holtz mini stapler for the job.Here's a look at some of the finished pockets.I used my bind it all to punch holes along the left side of the page and bound them altogether.

All of the paper, stickers and jewels are from the Scrapbook Circle February kit. I really love the variety of paper patterns in this kit. They are all so different, by go together so well.

1 comment:

  1. this turned out GREAT! Love it! Thanks for the detailed instruction--awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis