Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love Banner

Yesterday I mentioned that I was working on a Love banner with some doilies as the base. The banner is now finished and I'm excited to share it with you.


I just folded the doilies in half and hung them on some large white ric rac. The doilies are glued together, but not glued to the ric rac.


These Vintage Valentine Tags from Elle's Studio added such a fun touch to the banner. Plus, the Design Embellishments from the Fancy Pants It's the Little Things line added a perfect "love" touch to the project.


I used my Silhouette to cut out the "LOVE" letters and several hearts from fuzzy white vinyl. On the L piece of the banner, I misted one of hearts a dark pink before sticking it to the doilie. The fuzzy white vinyl is great because I can mist it any color I need.

For the O piece of the banner, I cut those tickets with the Silhouette and then layered them with a Glitz sticker and the O.

For the V piece of the banner, I layered more misted fuzzy white vinyl with a Vintage Valentine Tiny Tag from Elle's Studio.

I really like how the dark pink misted heart contrasts with the pink doilie.

I finished off the banner with another Fancy Pants card and an Elle's Studio tag.

There's the full banner. I having it hanging in our family room on a mirror that hangs over our fireplace. I just taped the ric rac to the back of the mirror.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Are you working on any Valentine projects?

3 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS Lisa!!! I love love love the way you used the doilies! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute and something i could actually create, lol!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis