Sunday, April 10, 2011

Creative Estates Recap: Friday

This past weekend at Creative Estates has been simply amazing. I met so many talented ladies who love crafting, cooking, interior design, photography, sewing and so much more. Everyone was extremely friendly. I only knew one other person attending the conference, so I spent the weekend talking and getting to know many new people.

I did a completely terrible job taking pictures, but I'll share the few photos I have.

Friday morning's session was a discussion with Shey, Erin Edwards of The Vintage Pearl, Ashley Hackshaw of Lil Boo Blue and Kim Stoegbauer of TomKat Studio. They talked about turning your hobby into a business.

They focused on finding your passion and then balanacing everything.

That afternoon, I taught a Scrapbook Circle class where everyone made this little mini house album. This was my first live teaching event and I loved it. Thankfully Jennie and Diana came to help and Diana even took a few pictures. A huge thank you goes out to them for their help!



Here's a look at the finished project:


Friday night I attended a Girls' Night Out that wasn't officially a part of the conference, but was scheduled so that conference attendees could go. They thought of every detail from amazing handmade nametags, decorated swag bags with lots goodies inside, sewed menus and best of all, great company.


I sat with Cindy from SkipToMyLou and Char from Crap I've Made,
Kelli and Kristi from lolly jane and Rachel from Denim Lovers Etc. Plus we mingled around with many other amzaing ladies.

There is another Girls' Night Out scheduled in June and I hope to be able to attend. This event sold out in less than a day, so if you want to go, you need to sign up fast once sign ups are available.

I'm so thankful for an amazing day spent with inspiring ladies!

3 comments:

  1. How FUN!! I loveeee the photos and glad your class went well! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was really fun! to bad you didn't add the one with your new little friend! :) Glad it all worked out and it was fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like it was a lot of fun--and I LOVE the accordion mini--so cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis