Monday, April 25, 2011

Handmade Notebook for Max

Over the past couple of years, I've made many notebooks for our kids to give to friends for birthdays, but I've never made any for our kids. They've asked me several times when I was going to make books for them, but somehow their books just never made it to the top of the list.

For Easter, I decided to make a notebook for each of my kids for their Easter baskets. Today I thought I'd share the notebook I made for Max.


The paper and accents came from the Crate Paper Toy Box line. The boy designs and colors were perfect for this project.

I started from scratch with this book and cut chipboard to 8.5" x 6" and then cut a bunch of regular white printer paper in half to fit inside of the book.


Inside of the front cover, I made a pocket page for him to hold any extra things he may want to keep in the book.


The back and inside covers were just covered with patterned paper and then bound together with the help of my Bind It All.


It's a pretty simple design and I hope that Max has fun creating, writing and drawing in his book.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis