Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Summer Album

This summer, I've decided to put together an album to track what our family is doing. I'm keeping the design and form very simple so that filling the album will be something fun and not something that I feel obligated to put together.

There is not a set format such as a photo a day or daily journaling. As I have photos or a story to share, I will add it to the album. I'm printing all of my photos at home onto matte photo paper because I've noticed that glossy prints tend to show fingerprints more and these pages won't be in page protectors.


I started the album with photos from June 1 since that was our kids' last day of school. I'm not sure when the album will be finished because the kids go back to school on July 25th and that still seems like the middle of summer. I'll just add to the album until it seems finished.

So far, I've loaded the photos that I want to use into Photoshop and then created collages for a couple of pages at a time. I arrange as many photos as possible onto a page so photo paper isn't wasted.

On this page, I used a sealed envelope for a smaller page. It was a perfect spot for two photos.


I'm looking forward to a great summer and it will be fun to document it along the way.

Album supplies: Scrapbook Circle Garden Party Kit and Elle's Studio Tags found (here and here.) I'm also using a printable set from Elle's Studio (Summer 2010 Documented) that is now retired.

4 comments:

  1. this is sooooo cute!! Thanks for the great idea Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME!! I loveeeeeeeeee how its coming together all ready and loving the cover!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! Love that some of your pictures are full pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great idea! I love the idea of printing out photo collages and adding them right into the book.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis