Sunday, October 23, 2011

Boo Banner @ Glitter Academy

Friday night I went to a Glitter Academy crafting night. There were several crafts available for purchase, but with of the stuff I already have at my house, I decided to come up with my own craft. My friends Aimee and Jennie came and we had a great time together.

I'd brought a bunch of Halloween stuff to use to make banners for Aimee and I. When we met up with Jennie, I asked what she was going to work on and she said she'd just brought Halloween stuff to make a banner. How funny! Great minds must think alike!


The banners took over three hours to make, but there may have been more talking and eating than crafting going on.

The main treat at the event was ice cream from SubZero. It was pretty cool set up. You get to choose your dairy liquid base (custard, yogurt) and then your flavor (chocolate, pumpkin, strawberry) and then they pour it into a bowl and freeze it up into ice cream in about 10 seconds. Pretty fun! Plus there was a candy bar that was perfect for topping the ice cream after it was frozen.


We each embellished our banners differently and I didn't get any close up photos of their banners (camera phone + low light = blurry photos) but I did take a few of my banner today.





I think my favorite part of the banner may be the little bat hanging from the O because it's glow in the dark. I'd picked up a pack of glow in the dark bats last Halloween, but this is the first bat to make it's way out of the package. Maybe more will get to come out next year.

Hope you are looking forward to a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like an AWESOME event! Your hair is getting long and it looks GREAT! LOVE IT!! And your banner us WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeee the glow in the dark bats! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ice cream process sounds so cool. LOVE the banner you made, especially the banner on banner and the glow bats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a GREAT time! So glad you found a "buddy" to go for me--LOVE the banners!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis