Friday, January 13, 2012

New Year Weekend + Valentine Kit

Happy Friday to you. This week just flew by. My to do list is still pretty long, but I'm happy with the progress made each day.

This week I did finish up one layout. Not too much creating this week since I was working on finishing up the accounting books and figuring out 1099's for my husband's business. Hopefully more creative time will be found next week!


Layout supplies: You + Me Kit, Making Memories Sky Paint

I used a mix of Instagram photos plus other photos cropped into squares.

When all of the paper and photos were attached to the page, the layout still didn't feel finished. So I decided to paint a few circles on the page with some paint and an Ikea kid's cup. The circles added a fun touch. I probably would have added more, but since all of my photos were already attached to the page I didn't want to risk covering them in paint.

Today we just added a Be Mine Valentine mini kit to the Scrapbook Circle shop.


It's a fun mix of 6 x 6 inch paper, embellishments and white glassine bags. I'm thinking up some fun valentines to create with this kit!

Tonight we're trying this recipe I found on Pinterest.  The roast I found at Sam's Club was 9 pounds (huge!) so I invited two families over tonight to help us eat it. Hope it's good. We're also hoping to fire up our hardly used fire pit tonight for some s'mores. We like to make s'mores with PB Cups instead of plain chocolate. Should be a fun night.

Hope you have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. what a FUN layout! I really like the added paint, gives it just the right touch! that recipe looks YUMMY--let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN LO!!! I loveeeeeee the photos and the circles!! And hope you all had a great dinner and S'MORES too... YUM! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout - its a great technique with the circles and one I haven't used for a while. Hope that you had a fun evening - we love smores!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those painted circles! We had a long week too--just getting back into the swing of things after break took all the energy I had ;) Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis