Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Max at 9.5

Earlier this month I was at the park with my kids. Max and I were swinging and he asked that I take his picture. The sun was low in the sky and it was creating a really cool flare effect. I just kept taking pictures on my phone until we got one that Max and I both liked. It took almost 100 shots to get this photo, but Max was in the mood to be photographed. Got to love that.


I started out this layout by cutting strips of paper behind the photo, but it felt a little boring. To fancy things up, I pulled out my hole punch and punched a few random circles and then flipped them over to reveal the reverse side of the paper.


It was a pretty simple technique and it was perfect for showcasing more of the fun paper patterns. I want to give this a try with some other punched shapes.


Max gave me a short list of a few of his favorite things that was used for the journaling. He said his favorite color is a mix of blue and green and he decided that it was close to turquoise, but wasn't quite sure if that was the right shade. Nothing wrong with being specific on a favorite color!


Of course, he loves pizza, burgers and sports. He didn't list video games or t.v. shows, so hopefully that means we are doing a good job keeping him active and away from too much screen time.

Layout supplies /// Field Notes Kit /// Go Somewhere Kit

4 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwww! That is an amazing photo!!! I love love love love all the circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this layout! GREAT story behind the picture--how funny that he wanted his picture taken! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all of the patterns and colors on this. Works so well with the sunshine pic and the wood grain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! the sun flare is awesome and the different patterns look so cool!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis