Monday, April 7, 2014

Phoenix Art Museum

Over spring break last month a friend and I decided to share a little culture and art with our kids by taking them to the Phoenix Art Museum. Fun tip: It's free admission every Wednesday from 3 - 9 pm and first Fridays from 6 - 10 pm.

One of our favorite pieces of art was Mass by Cornelia Parker. I loved that I captured a quick moment when three of the kids in our group were looking at this art piece.


It is a 3D piece where pieces of charred wood are hanging on strings from the ceiling. It has a really cool effect.


The kids were less than excited about going to the art museum, but once they were there, they all seemed to enjoy themselves. I thought that might happen.


Plus, afterwards, we checked out a new (to us) restaurant, Short Leash Hot Dogs, in downtown Phoenix for dinner. I am not normally a hot dog fan, but this place was pretty gourmet and delicious. I had the Sunny and definitely recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh thanks for the tip on the museum and the restaurant :) I love love love your lo!! LOVING the colors and loveeeeeee that photo!!! Pinning!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to know--this is a gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis